Spinach Rice Recipe-Palak Chawal Recipe-How to make Spinach Rice(step by step with photo)
Spinach rice or Palak Chawal is a healthy and delicious rice recipe made using spinach, and spices.
Spinach rice is an easy to prepare vegetarian rice dish, which is ideal for kid’s lunch boxes.
More recipes from this blog:
Rice Palak Pakoda
Spinach (Palak) Rice Recipe (Step by step directions)
Prep Time: 20 min Cook Time: 25 min Serves 2
Main Ingredients: Rice and Spinach
Recipe Type: Rice
Recipe Type: Rice
Level of Cooking: Easy
- 1 cup Rice soaked and drained
- 1.5 cup Spinach puree
- 1.5 tablespoon ghee
- 1 teaspoon Cumin Seeds
- 2-4 cloves
- 1 bay leaf
- 4 cardamom pods
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1-2 small pieces of cinnamon
- 1 medium onion sliced
- 1 teaspoon crushed garlic
- 1 teaspoon chopped green chilli
- Salt to taste
Method:(step by step with photo)
- Rinse and soak the rice in water for 15-20 minutes.
- Blanch the spinach in boiling water.
- Drain, wash with cold water and blend in a mixer to a smooth Puree.
- Heat 1.5 tablespoons of ghee in a deep pan.
- Add cumin seeds, clove, cinnamon, bay leaf, cardamom, black pepper, pods give a quick stir, add crushed garlic cloves when they begin to change the colour add green chilli and sliced onion.
- sauté until translucent.
- Add spinach puree.
- Add salt sautés for 2 minutes on medium heat.
- Add the soaked and drained rice.
- Mix well.
- Stir continuously and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add water 2 cups of water mix well, and bring to a boil on medium flame.
- When it comes to a boil reduce the flame and cook covered till done.
- Garnish with fruits or dry fruits as per your choice.
- Serve hot with yoghurt.
- You can use chopped spinach or puree as per choice.
- You can increase or decrease spices as per your taste.