Rava Idli (Semolina Dumpling)Recipe, How to make Rava Idli (Semolina Dumpling)
Step By Step Rava Idli Recipe:
Prep Time: 30 min Cook Time: 15 min Serves: 16-18 idlis
Main ingredient: semolina and yogurt
Recipe Type: Breakfast & snacks
Cuisine: South Indian
Level of cooking: medium
- 2.5 cup Semolina (sooji)
- 1.5 cup yogurt (Curd)
- 1/8 teaspoon or pinch of asafetida (Hing)
- 1.5 cup Water (adjust according to consistency)
- 3/4 teaspoon Baking Soda or fruit salt
- Salt to taste
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 teaspoon Mustard seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon Black gram split (Urad dal)
- 1/2 teaspoon gram split (Chana dal)
- 1 teaspoon ghee
- 4-5 curry leaves
- In a bowl, mix all the ingredients, semolina, yogurt, oil, water and salt together.
- Cover the semolina batter and Keep it aside for 30-45 minutes.
- Heat the ghee in a pan over medium –low flame.
- Add the mustard seeds; when they start to splutter, add the asafoetida, chana dal, and urad dal sauté until dal turns golden brown.
- Add curry leaves sauté for a few seconds.
- Pour the tempering over the semolina batter and mix well.
- Add the fruit salt and sprinkle a little water over it, when the bubbles form, then mix gently.
- Pour spoonfuls of the batter into the greased idli molds.
- Garnish them with cashew nuts and let them steam for 15 minutes over medium flame.
|Rava Idli (Semolina Dumpling)|
- After 15 minutes turn off the heat.
- Take out the idli molds from a steamer.
- When it cools down a bit, serve the prepared idli with coconut or Peanut chutney.
If you liked this, please share. Thanks!